Wide Angle Lens for Canon Rebel XT at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old February 18th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Wide Angle Lens for Canon Rebel XT

Does anyone know of a good wide angle lens for the Canon Rebel XT (not XTi)? I've been searching online trying to find some and I have, but I need sample pics. It'd be nice if I could find a website like this for still photography! A sample comparison like what DVinfo has for the XL2 lenses would be great!

Anyway, anyone know where I can find sample pics?
Old February 18th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #2
Wrangler

Just picked up the 10-22mm a few months ago and it's definitely become one of my favorite lenses. From dpchallenge.com, here are some samples from the Canon EF-S 10-22mm. And Fred Miranda's site has a good section with lens reviews. The only other Canon lenses that give you a "wide angle" on the Rebel XT series are the EF14mm, EF15mm fish-eye, EF16-35mm, and EF17-40mm.
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Major Player

That's perfect! That's the kind of lens I am looking for. A bit pricey but worth it!

Thanks for the link. I'll look into the others you mentioned. I eventually want to buy a fish eye as well, but right now, I just really want a wider field of view.
Old February 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM   #4
Wrangler

There are wide lenses by other manufacturers like Sigma and Tokina, but the Canon has pretty consistent thumbs up reviews, so I thought it was worth the extra $$$.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy