New Photography DVD Series: Photos in a Flashİ at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old June 8th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Go Go Godzilla

New Photography DVD Series: Photos in a Flashİ

I've been hinting for a while that this DVD series was coming in other threads but now it's finally here:

The first of the series, "Volume One: The Basics and Beyond" has just been officially released. Targeted for the family snap-shooter, amateur, student or hobbyist photographer literally any non-professional camera-user will benefit from Volume One.

This first release also comes with a set of "Photos in a Flash Cards©" which reference each main chapter and a few other goodies built-into the 2-disc set.

Check out the sample clips and full project info at: http://www.photosinaflash.com

For my fellow forum members who are curious, here are some production notes:

The project was shot entirely on Panasonic P2 cameras; 95% HVX200 and 5% HPX500 (I would have used the 500 for the entire production but when this project began 2 1/2 years ago it wasn't available). Editing, finishing and authoring all on FCS2 (although the project actually started on the original FCS) and audio work was done in Peak 5/6.

It's also a testament to what one person can do alone with the right tools. The original production plan called for a normal production/post crew but no investors were ever found, so I made the decision to go it alone with my own funds and worked on it in my spare time.

Volume One is available at Amazon, B&H Photo and of course direct from the publisher.

Many thanks to Chris for allowing the post here.

Enjoy and feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited by Robert Lane; June 8th, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

An instant "sticky." Thanks, Robert!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:20 AM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

New Sale Pricing

Today we're announcing a price reduction for Volume One: MSRP is $149.95 now on-sale for a limited time for $74.95 - a 50% savings.

It will take a few days for the website and other vendors to get this updated price posted (the previous promotion was only 20% off retail) but it takes effect immediately.

For a limited time I'm offering a special discount even below this new price only for fellow DVinfo.net members. Send a purchase request with your email address to: lenzdudeaz@hotmail.com and I'll send you a Google Checkout invoice with your special pricing.

Thanks again to Chris Hurd for allowing the sticky-post.
Old July 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Sale Pricing ending

The current sale price of $59.95 ends July 15th, 2008; after that it will go to full retail: $149.95.

Any registered member of this forum can get a special price reduction by emailing me directly - but you *must* be a registered DVinfo.net forum member with more than 2 posts to your history. It's my small way of supporting the forum members and helping keep membership numbers as high as possible for the forum owner, Chris.
Old October 31st, 2008, 06:38 PM   #5
Go Go Godzilla

Holiday Sale Pricing starts now

Let's face it, the economy sucks so rather than wait for the "official" start of holiday shopping I'm announcing holiday pricing for Volume One: $39.95 good until February 2009.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Go Go Godzilla

Where to get your copy

Photos in a Flash is now available at:

- B&H
- Amazon
- Target.com
- CDNow.com

...and direct from the publisher with free shipping.

For the EU market it will be available soon as a download from All The Content.com both in individual chapters and a single movie.

Happy New Year!
Robert Lane is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy