The Why's and How's of this forum. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2003, 07:18 PM   #1
Warden

The Why's and How's of this forum.

You may be asking yourself, Why a forum on digital photography on DVinfo? Well, many of us, Ken, John, Adrian and I'm sure others, shoot stills as well as video. I got my start in still photography and the passion still burns to shoot and enlarge my work. This forum is a natural extension of our daily work. Work, that encompasses both still and moving images.

I foresee the forum growing to encompass many topics, just as the DV portion does now. Equipment, such as filters, bags, tripods, ball heads, lenses, and much more will be discussed. Techniques for printing, Photoshop and workflows will also have a home. But of greater importance, the smaller file sizes of still images will allow us to more easily share and critique our work.

If you are a dedicated and enthusiastic film user, this may not be the forum for you. There are plenty of sites and boards that discuss the issues of film usage, film cameras and darkroom techniques. This, however, is not one of them. Open and friendly comparison of digital files and film are indeed welcome. But the same old topics and arguments will not be heard time and time again. New material needs to be brought to the discussion or the thread will be closed. Equipment and format bashing will not be tolerated. If you have any doubts, review the DVinfo FAQ before posting.

It also needs to be understood that digital photography has arrived as a professional medium. Professional photographers that cover sports, news, corporate, nature, wedding, event, advertising and many more fields have gone digital for it's many advantages over film.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope this forum will be as beneficial and entertaining to the members as the DV forums.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy