Still/DV Twilight Zone at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old August 12th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Still/DV Twilight Zone

Thought I'd sent my first post to you, the "Still People", since that's where I've been tha past 2 years with a Canon Pro90, shooting flowers/plants.
Now I want to make nature films and have decided on the GL2. And I have all the standard questions about accessories and where to go buy all of it. I've looked around the board and found bits and pieces. Is there one place where I can get the consensus, or the wisdom of one or more experts?
One key question I have is about editing software. What comes with the GL2? Do I need something better than that? Is their browzer OK? (for my Pro90 everyone bought another -- BreezeBrowzer).
I've already decided that I need a wide converter, extra battery pack and a raincover.
Pehaps one of you can point me to where I could find the answers to these and other questions most every newbie has. (I'm virtually new to video recording as well).
Thanks a bunch
Roland Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2003, 10:50 AM   #2
Wrangler

Check out the Canon GL1 / Son of Watch Dog forum on this same site

For video editing, check out the Post Production -- and Beyond!!! section

The GL2 doesn't come with any video editing software. There is NO consensus as to which video editor is best. Here's a list of some of the more popular ones:

Final Cut Pro (Mac only)
Adobe Premiere Pro
Pinnacle Edition
Avid Xpress DV
Sony Vegas

Ulead Video Studio
Pinnacle Studio DV 8
Vegas Video Factory

For photos, the GL2 comes with Zoombrowser EX, you might try using Breezebrowser with it, not sure if it will work.
Old August 13th, 2003, 02:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks.
Sorry to hear that no editing S/W is included.
Roland
Roland Barth is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy