Canon EOS300D (Digital Rebel) Sample Images at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old August 29th, 2003, 03:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon EOS300D (Digital Rebel) Sample Images

Ive been trying to find out more information on the new EOS300D and stumbled upon some sample images from the camera. They look pretty awesome! Looks like this might be my next toy :) Enjoy these much anticipated pics...

click on the link below...

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/eosdigit..._sample-e.html
Old August 29th, 2003, 07:40 PM   #2
Warden

The Digital Rebel should be identical in picture quality to the 10D. DP Review probably has sample images as well as Steve's Digicams.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2003, 04:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

impressive.

is this the new Canon Digital SLR?

i know they came out with a new one -- is it cheaper, or the same (in price) to the 10D?

i was looking at the 10D to be my next Camera as its one of the more affordable Digital SLR cameras on the market, and you can't go wrong with Canon ;)
Bryan Gateb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2003, 06:00 AM   #4
Warden

Canon 10D, $1499 USD

NEW Canon Digital Rebel $899 USD body only
Digital Rebel with new EF-S 18-55mm lens $999 USD

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old September 2nd, 2003, 09:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

New EOS 300D is not on Canon's website?

hmm

I'm confused!

Where can I find more info on this new Canon EOS 300 digital camera. I went to Canon.com and no mention of this new camera. What am I missing?

Please help!!

--William
Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:26 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Howdy from Texas,

Go to http://www.canoneos.com/ -- click on "New! EOS Digital Rebel" -- the direct link is http://www.canoneos.com/digitalrebel/index.html.

This new 300D is basically a Rebel Ti body with the EOS 10D chip. Remember, you get what you pay for. The 10D is more expensive but has a better built chassis and a few features the 300D won't have. The Rebel Ti body which makes up the new 300D is mostly plastic and is designed for the value shopper who's looking for the least expensive digital SLR. Least expensive often means a significant compromise of performance and features (but not image quality in this case). That said, most likely I'll get into a 300D myself because I can't really justify a 10D. I'd prefer a 10D though, primarily for its Lithium Ion rechargeable battery and heavier frame. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2003, 10:49 AM   #7
Warden

The name 300D is not used in the US. In the US it is known as the Digital Rebel. This is done mostly to help distinguish grey market products.

There are some other major differences that involve the mirror assembly and pentaprism. A general concern about this camera is how bright and accurate the viewfinder will appear. Remember, this camera is an SLR and as such, the LCD is used only for reviewing shots. The LCD does not function as a view finder.

Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:21 AM   #8
Regular Crew

hmm...so it seems maybe i should save up a few hundred extra and invest in the 10D...
Old September 2nd, 2003, 11:54 AM   #9
Warden

I would wait until actual production models are reviewed at DP Review and Steve's Digicams. However, if the ruggedness of the camera is of real concern, the 10D will be your camera of choice.

Old September 3rd, 2003, 05:20 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Some of the EXIF data on those Canon samples are interesting:

Model: Canon EOS Kiss Digital
Shutter Speed: 1/79th
Aperture: 4.3

Hey, this is my first visit here since I got my 10D in June!! Lenses sure have become an expensive addition :)

Kirk
Kirk Messner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 05:37 PM   #11
Regular Crew

well, looks like im gonna get the 10D soon. hopefully selling my camera tomorrow...

does anyone have ANY reasons why I shouldnt get the 10D?! speak now, or forever hold your peace...lol...
Old September 3rd, 2003, 05:48 PM   #12
Warden

It's known as Kiss in Japan. It counters a camera Minolta has, Sweet.

Old September 5th, 2003, 06:38 AM   #13
Skyonic New York

<<I'd prefer a 10D though, primarily for its Lithium Ion rechargeable battery and heavier frame. Hope this helps,
>>

i thought the batt system was the same in both cams?
Robert Mann Z. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #14
Warden

Yes, Robert's correct. The digi Rebel uses the same BP-511. The charger looks different though. The 10D's charger is supposed to be a quick charger. I use the Lenmar Mach 1 and haven't even opened the Canon charger to try it out.

Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy