Should I buy a used Elan IIe from B&H? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old September 7th, 2003, 12:50 PM   #1
High School Student

Should I buy a used Elan IIe from B&H?

What do you guys think? Should I buy a used Elan IIe from B&H, along with a used 35-80mm lens from there? By B&H's condition scale, the elan is a 8, and the used lens is a 10. It will cost about $240, but my grandpa is loaning me $100, so I can buy that. I know you guys say stay away from used cameras, but it's from B&H and the Elan IIe is a much better body then any Rebel....

Thanks.
Alex Knappenberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Warden

The Elan IIe is an excellent camera. I would have no hesitation buying used equipment from B&H. The body will probably have a few marks on it, being an 8. But it should function fine. The eye-control is a neat feature. I had it on my A2e and EOS 3, I really miss it on my 10D. You should get a lot out of that camera.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2003, 06:16 AM   #3
Trustee

Alex the Elan is a great camera. My mum has one, actually the EOS50 version, and she loves it. She's had it for about 6 years and never had a problem. As it's a mid-range camera it will serve you as you learn and well into advanced shooting. Start off in the picture modes until you get the hang of shooing then move on the the creative modes.

I've bought a lot of gear second hand and as long as you buy from a reputable store, like B&H, you should be sweet.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy