Good $300 digicam? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old February 10th, 2004, 01:44 AM   #1
Major Player

Good $300 digicam?

Hi, gang. This is my first visit to the Still zone. I'm on the look out for the better $300 digital camera, on behalf of some friends. I have never even considered buying a digicam before. What's good? Thanks very much.

Shawn

Shawn Mielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 07:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

A friend of mine told me that B&H has the Canon G1 for $250. I bought one three years ago for $800 on sale. It's a good camera for under $300. It's a little more advanced than most cameras in that price range. It has a flash hot shoe, manual controls and a swiveling LCD screen. It is a little bulky campared to newer 3MP cameras. Just depends on what you are looking for.
Cannon Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:20 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

$250 is a great price for a Canon G1, however that camera is somewhat older and lacks the DIGIC image processor which is now current equipment on all recent Canon models. The DIGIC chip makes an enormous difference in image quality, battery life, shutter response and other factors. For $300 I'd recommend the new Canon PowerShot A75, or last year's A70. These are actually very similar to the G1 except they are not equipped with a swivel LCD or a hotshoe for external flash. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy