Canon 10d Question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon 10d Question

I just got a 10d and I am stoked. I know there are better things on the way and there will always be. Anyways to the question

I reading through the instructions and I could not find any thing on layering photos. I want to layer multiple images on one shot. I am not sure if this clear or not, but on my old SLR I could take up to 7 photos on one frame with out advancing the film. It gives a ghosted to all the images. If you have any idea what I am asking for or know how to get the effect please let me know.
Michael Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Warden

You'll need to do it in Photoshop with multiple layers and adjust the opacity and transparency . . . or shoot film.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:36 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Really?

Wow I thought for sure there would be a way; it is a fairly popular effect (at least in my little world). Is there any digital camera that does this? I wish it could be in camera because it is easyer to preview the shot then going to the notebook or PC

thanks for the reply (not the answer i wanted but i will have to live)

Michael
Michael Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Warden

The closest thing to that in digital are the cameras that have a panoramic mode. However it just over laps an image, it doesn't superimpose on image on top of another.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2004, 05:14 AM   #5
New Boot

Hello Michael,

Some camera's have included software in the camera itself where you can select the setting to overlay every picture you take.

However, the 10D doesn't has such a setting because the camera isn't ment to contain that kind of sofware. You need to edit the pictures afterwards in Photoshop ( as said before ) or in a specific programme which you can find easily on the net, as well demo's as freeware.

I hope this helped you a bit,
Anton.
Anton Coene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:49 AM   #6
Warden

After some research, the only digital camera that does double exposures is the Fuji S2. This feature is also listed in Nikon's new D2x, but it won't ship until January at the earliest.

Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy