Canon i9950 printer advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon i9950 printer advice

I am looking at buying a new printer with A3 capability to be used for producing saleable prints normally in albums. A friend uses the previous version of the 9950. ANyone currently using this model and can recommend it? The reviews I have read are quite pro for it, but i prefer to listen to people who are actually using it on a daily basis. The size of images will normally be no greater than 10 x 8 but occasionally A3.

Feedback good or bad welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation.
Carl Walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Well i've had no replies but decided to buy anyway. If anyone is looking at buying a printer just for photographs...this is the one, abnsolutely fantastic. bye bye labs!
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #3
Regular Crew

What is the max paper size on it Carl?
Josh Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2004, 07:44 AM   #4
Regular Crew

A3+ 329 x 483mm.

I am using the Ilford Gallerie packs of paper and the quality is fantastic even up to the A3+ size.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 10:24 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I have an i9900 - ? newer version. Had it for about 3 months, really excellent printer compared to the (lower end) Epson's that I have used. Not fussy. Does great A3's.

It appears to be relatively agnostic concerning paper. I've used a mix of Canon paper and Adorama store brand - both seem to work quite well.

It appears to be nicely constructed, not flimsy at all. The printer is impressively quiet.
Roger Golub is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy