Frustrations galore - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old November 12th, 2004, 12:12 AM   #16
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hmmm...Sounds like a smooth technique to meet white-bloused women, too. "S'cuse me, I'm not being fresh. I'm a working photographer and I just need to bounce some photons off your...blouse. Say, have you ever had your portrait done?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #17
Trustee

Andrew,

Have you tried the higher ISO ratings some of us encouraged you to try. In a dark church, even with flash, crank up that ISO to increase your depth of field and to have your flash recycle faster too.

Last night I covered a piano concert (of course no flash allowed), the stage lighting was so dim I had to shoot every frame at 1000 to 16000 ISO, the work looks far superior to anything I could have done in my film days.

Even though the client wants .jpg – I shot in RAW+jpg. The converted RAW files have less noise and truer colors than the .jpg files with manual white balance. I understand why you said you are concerned about trying a higher ISO but try it, you’ll like it.

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy