Mixed methods deliver a singular message - anything goes if it works. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Still Crazy
You say you want resolution? The whole world is watching these digicams.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1
Major Player

Mixed methods deliver a singular message - anything goes if it works.

Here below is a link to a video featuring an up-and-coming female pop artist from Colombia. Not that this is my favorite genre when it comes to moving pictures however I lived in Mexico long enough to love, and I really mean really love, American Latinos.

But that’s not the point of this post. The point I want to highlight is the look(s) of this production, how it/they were achieved, how cool is that, and make the point that the artist responsible for creating this post-modern piece has cobbled together a number of notions - from a cinematic point of view that is - including fast sub-second cuts, blurred yet sharp close-ups, whip-pans, soft-focus, bleached-yellow skin tones, cool blue toning, even a smidgeon of shallow DoF here and there (you have to look for it), and more.

Is it cinematic, organic, filmic? I don't know. Probably not. Who cares?

Great production values, I reckon. The message she delivers to the guy from yesterday/tomorrow I leave for you to interpret.

I wonder what camera(s) they used!

NAELA "FALSO AMOR" Video Oficial - YouTube
John McCully is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Still Crazy