Questions about live stream via satellite internet at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old May 18th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #1
New Boot

Questions about live stream via satellite internet

Hello from Greece,
I am the producer of a small local sports show via tv. 6 months ago our audience asked us to try to make a streaming show via youtube and It was a success. From this September our audience and some sponsors want us to try every weekend live streaming football (soccer) matches from local amateur teams via youtube with 720p quality. So I asked a friend of mine who is working for a big mobile internet how can i achieve this from field with 3G/4G and he told me that the quality of signal via 3G/4G is not good enough for a project like this beacuse it isn't stable. He also told me that this can be achieved by satellite internet and he provided me with some information. He said that the equipment we need is a portable automaticaly satellite uplink about 2000 dollars and a connection with French satellite internet provider about 700 dollars per year for limmited upload 70gb per month. When I asked him about the details the name of the french company and the model of the equipment he couldn't answer to me because he didn't know enough details about that beacuse he has the knowledge from an old friend who left the last months abroad.
So I start to search via internet for details but the informations are little or not enough to make a plan for this project. Also i send e-mails in some company like SIS LIVE but unfortunently they didn't answer me.
Does anyone have similar projects or knows details about this and can answer the following questions:
1) Which Portable automatic (or not) uplink for satellite internet we need about this project (not for car mount)
2) Where i can buy it from Europe and how much does it cost
3) Name of satellite internet providers and costs
4) Optional other solutions

thanx in advance

P.S. Sorry for the big post and my enlish but it's not my native languange. Also i tried to find the right sections for this post but i didn't find something to match with the subject. So if it is wrong please remove it to the right section.
Kostas Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 12:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Questions about live stream via satellite internet

This might get you started:

Portable Satellite Internet Systems - Case, Laptop, In-Motion

e.g. IsatHub - Equipment & Service

IsatHub - Equipment & Service

Seems like "portable internet satellite systems" is a useful search term.

Good luck.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2016, 03:13 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: Questions about live stream via satellite internet

Kostas,

It does not have to be satellite internet. Research "cellular bonded video". There are field devices that allow you to "bond together" the signal from multiple cellphones to give you a more robust and stable signal for transmission to your content delivery network.

Kind Regards,

Steve

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View