vMix - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old December 15th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: vMix

Communities like that are awesome :)
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:12 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Josh, Wirecast 7.x replay allows the use of ISO cameras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek View Post
Wirecast reply is a replay of whatever is in the program window or stream. If you have 4 cameras coming into the system during an event you want to reply the replay system will only allow you to replay what you had on program. If camera 2 had a better shot the current replay system will not let you replay the feed that was coming in on camera 2. Proper replay systems will have an iso or isolated recording of 1 or more cameras regardless of what was on program for you to chose from after the fact.

tags are simply a method of applying a tag or word to a reply. In Basketball that might be "3pts" for any recorded 3 point shot or "Dunk" or "official" for offical review requests. That way they are easy to recall and you can build highlight reels really fast by asking for shots that have specific tags or you could just go the whole game giving out the best plays a highlight tag so at the end of the night you can have it play back the highlights.

The bumpers are just videos or graphics you have the system automatically play before the highlight to make transitioning in and out easier.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:17 AM   #18
Inner Circle

In Wirecast any ISO cameras can also be used in Replay and each File can be named.
Attached Thumbnails
vMix-screen-shot-2016-12-16-11.40.47-am.png  
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:24 AM   #19
Major Player

Nice to see ISO reply in the latest version. Are you able to tag things in the usual EVS layout or are you talking about right clicking on shots to rename? I am downloading the 7 trial to give it a shot and see how it does. Basically looking to be able to review all capturing cameras, Set a in point and out point, have that applied to all shots at the correct time code (all cameras are synced) and then easily select which cameras i take to program out.
Old December 16th, 2016, 10:32 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
In Wirecast any ISO cameras can also be used in Replay and each File can be named.
Hmm I have a Pro version of 6 but the 7 trial doesn't let me test the system. I read the online guide which told me how to set it up but the replay portion only seems to tell me about the old method. It doesn't mention how to call back something from camera 1 instead of the camera 3 I happened to be on. Trying to find a video of someone using ISO replay with 7 pro since I cant test it my self.

edit:

It looks like it will probably create a shot for each iso recording. So if I have 4 inputs and click the replay button I will get 4 new shots in the program. If I then wanted to use 3 of my angles in a replay I would have to edit and tighten up each shot one by one, then drop them into a playlist.
Old December 20th, 2016, 01:19 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Back to vMix evaluation, for those you can easily stream to LiveStream's CDN using their free Producer software which is nice! You simply set vMix to External Output and it appears on Producer's camera list and then it signs you in to your LS account and event list and you stream from there.

The very affordable price of vMix makes it worth a good trial workout. Still figuring out a lot of stuff ..I use a Logitech C930 conference cam as a B-Camera for audience shots but vMix says it doesn't support 1080 for some reason ..have to check out the forums and they seem very active and helpful!

EDIT: Oops my fault!! The vMix software when installed seems to default initially to 72x576 SD !! I changed the project settings and it works very well ..Love the virtual sets too!! Does anyone know if you can pin the audio mixer window in the interface? Because it's a floating window whenever I select another video input it loses focus and disappears ..it would be nice to have it on screen all the time

Last edited by Chris Harding; December 20th, 2016 at 07:54 AM.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2016, 09:47 PM   #22
Inner Circle

I must admit I like the vMix software but why the crazy pricing ? For an HD edition the basic version only allows you 4 inputs then it jumps to 1000 inputs? One would think they would have a paid version that would suit a standard setup with say 2 or 3 cameras for an intermediate price With only 4 inputs you are stuck with 2 cams and 2 audio channels and then you are screwed. Even a basic setup with a couple of camera inputs, a couple of audio inputs, colour bars and a few overlay channels at a higher price would have been more sensible to have a paid basic model. I simply couldn't work with only 4 inputs ...I am using the Livestream FREE version and still get unlimited audio inputs, 2 direct cam inputs and 1 remote cam input and a multifunction overlay channel with unlimited overlays.

How do you guys manage with just 4 inputs or does everyone have the 1000 input paid version.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 06:57 AM   #23
Major Player

Chris, I am a VERY inexperienced vMix user. In my setup, the audio is embedded in the video.That still gives me four inputs of data.....video or otherwise.

Their pricing is unique. All versions of vMix appear to be the same. The only difference is the NUMBER of inputs
Dan Gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:53 AM   #24
Inner Circle

Hi Dan

You still know more than me!! The issue for me is, say I'm doing a presentation with 4 guest speakers and external mics I need to have a title and 4 lower thirds captions to put on the screen as they appear...that eats up the 4 inputs before I start!! In Livestream Studio I can setup just on overlay and then assign as many data fields as I need and just switch to each as I need them ...plus I can have unlimited on screen graphics all in a single channel ..yes I'm limited to 2 direct cameras and one remote camera but each camera also gives me a channel in the mixer so I can lift or drop audio at will.

I guess I could live with watching my levels via an analog mixer but it still gives me an issue with the graphics .. the Chromakey and virtual studios are really neat but again I assume they would need another input ....Can you do a lower third caption in vMix and then assign multiple text inputs that you can select as you need them or would you need the option that gives you 4 overlays??

It's still pretty nice software ..I'm impressed!!
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View