Some thoughts on small company streaming - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old January 7th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Some thoughts on small company streaming

Good idea Steve

I did start a thread on "What is everyone using" but it's way down the list now so a fresh one will be worth looking at. I got involved in a vMix thread too so you might want to peek at that too?? We really need to see a few options (even DIY ones) that would be cost effective as there are plenty super duper systems available but price themselves out the market.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Hey Donald

Not really ...I have done some very successful single cam shoots just with a Panasonic FZ1000 and the Broadcaster Pro at weddings where there was no power and on my own. Nope, the man in the street sends wobbly video from his iPhone onto FaceBook ..BIG difference from a pro single cam to somewhere other than mass media. Over here even the high end video guys doing destination weddings will only use their phone and Facebook as a bit of exposure. I don't see FB or YT as a professional CDN especially for corporate clients as you need an event landing page that looks half decent and stays in one place and doesn't vanish down the page.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Steve,

A switcher and gear thread sounds like a good idea and hopefully will open up some new ideas and give some thoughts on costings etc.

Roge
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2017, 07:37 AM   #19
Regular Crew

I think I'm with Steve on this one. Start high in price for a new product and drop your prices when the competition comes around. It's harder to put your prices up than it is to take them down.
Phil Holder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View