Anyone ever had a stream ban? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old April 12th, 2017, 06:23 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Anyone ever had a stream ban?

Thanks Steve

I always appreciate your comments and suggestions. We actually do have a clause in our terms and conditions that if we cannot achieve a satisfactory connection we will simply record the event and stream it later and all couples seem to be happy with that!
This of course was an isolated case where it's highly unlikely that we would ever use the chapel again as only past students are allowed to have weddings there. I would, of course, be concerned if we had the issue at one of our popular venues as that would need investigation but there is a 99% chance this was a "once off" venue.

We do however have one popular site nestled deep in a valley outside the city that simply has zero 4G or even 3G reception so brides getting married there are informed up front that the wedding ceremony will be a delayed broadcast.
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2017, 12:36 PM   #17
Trustee

Can a streaming service like Facebook or YouTube potentially block your broadcast based on a GPS "blacklist"?
Cliff Totten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 05:03 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Cliff

I know that YouTube and Facebook will ping you if you have commercial music but I doubt whether they have the GPS facility .. We had a boxing match here that someone stream to Facebook which caused a huge ruckus with the pay tv station who was charging viewers to watch and the FB page had 10K views so I would say initially no they cannot do it. I'm not sure if FB or YT would stop your stream if they detect copyright stuff either BUT FB would not allow the end result video to be published and YT put ads on your video and often block viewing on a mobile phone.

Has anyone streamed to the free sites like the above and had a stream halted due to copyright??
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View