OBS video cropped and upper left corner (small) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Streaming A View
Hardware, software, technique and workflow for live video streaming.

Old May 16th, 2020, 12:03 PM   #1
Major Player

OBS video cropped and upper left corner (small)

I am trying to configure OBS for live stream use but my camera image is cropped and also small and in the top left corner.

I have the canvas and video set to 720X1280 which matches the signal coming into it.

As you can see the image is basically a 4X3. It is supposed to be widescreen and the image is cropped off. The video settings are set to widescreen. I cannot uncrop it but I can crop it more, move it and scale it.

The source coming in is a Black Magic Web Presenter. But when I try the built in web cam it still has the exact same problems, so the BM is not the problem.

When I stream it shows the video just like the attached cropped small screen in the top left of the video.

I am attaching the image straight from camera so you can see what it should look like and see how much it is cropped. I have been trying for many hours to fix this and cannnot. I uninstalled OBS and reinstalled. I tried auto config. I tried a different camera. I tried changing the Transform > Edit Transform settings. I do not have any idea what to do now

Any help is appreciated as some people are counting on me to get this to work
Attached Thumbnails
OBS video cropped and upper left corner (small)-obs-screen.jpg   OBS video cropped and upper left corner (small)-obs-camera-frame.jpg  

David Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2020, 12:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: OBS video cropped and upper left corner (small)

Found the solution in case anyone else stumbles across this too

"Your OBS Source, video capture device, is where you get Blackmagic output into OBS
Open properties of that source (double click) and set resolution to 1280x720"
David Banner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Streaming A View