Pricing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 29th, 2003, 07:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Pricing

Hey folks, Im looking to gauge a good rate to rent out my gear. I have all brand new stuff, A mac G4 1024mb dual 1.4.. 4x16 external hard drives... DVDR two 19" diamond mitsubshi monitors, and a sony SDI 13" HR tinitron monitor FCP AE Photoshop and illustrator. Peak DV audio programe, oh and my video card is Voodoo 16rt SDI... And a CanonXL1S, no deck or extras... just my knowledge of the software and hardware....
what do you think?

Michael Estepp
Michael Estepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 05:12 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Pricing

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Estepp : Hey folks, Im looking to gauge a good rate to rent out my gear. I have all brand new stuff, A mac G4 1024mb dual 1.4.. 4x16 external hard drives... DVDR two 19" diamond mitsubshi monitors, and a sony SDI 13" HR tinitron monitor FCP AE Photoshop and illustrator. Peak DV audio programe, oh and my video card is Voodoo 16rt SDI... And a CanonXL1S, no deck or extras... just my knowledge of the software and hardware....
what do you think?

Michael Estepp -->>>
I think the first thing you might want to check is your local competition. That would give you a good idea on where your pricing should be. If you do a Google search, you will find quite a bit of information related to your request:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...editing+rental
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2003, 06:35 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thank you
I have done the competition check, its just that my gear list is so incomplete and mix matched, that im not sure how to base it. I have some really good stuff, but i am missing some key gear.

I was looking for more of your personal opinion...

Thank you
Michael
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:01 PM   #4
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Estepp : thank you
I have done the competition check, its just that my gear list is so incomplete and mix matched, that im not sure how to base it. I have some really good stuff, but i am missing some key gear.

I was looking for more of your personal opinion...

Thank you
Michael -->>>
Do you have a video suite that your gear will be used in, or will it be used on the client's location?
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2003, 12:56 PM   #5
Regular Crew

its all set up here at my apartment... its nice and clean. It cant be moved, its huge
Old June 2nd, 2003, 06:34 PM   #6
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Michael Estepp : its all set up here at my apartment... its nice and clean. It cant be moved, its huge -->>>

It might be tough getting people to utilize your apartment setup. Of course it all depends on where it is located. If you are in a loft, it might work. There are several studio/rental houses in Houston based out of lofts.

Pricing wise it comes down to (again) your local market. I would do a market analysis and understand where everybody sits. From here you would be able to calculate a price based upon your setup.

Good luck and keep us informed as to how it turns out for you.
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business