Product placement fees. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 17th, 2007, 06:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Product placement fees.

Without giving away to much info, we are producing a doc that has some big names from the music biz, and combined, the interviewees account for 18 grammy's, 2 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees, and 1 Oscar to boot. This is no small potatoe! One of the people interviewed, though not one of the award winners, received an endorsement deal from a small, up and coming amplifier manufacturer. I am pretty sure he received the endorsement due to the fact that he may be able to display the amp in his interview. My question is this...what is the proper way and wording to ask for a product placement fee from this manufacturer. When the interviewee asked if we would display the amp, I told him of course, but we needed to talk to the company to get things squared away. He said that he would have them contact me. To this day I have never heard from them, so this is not a "re-nogotiation" type of circumstance as this would be my first contact with them. I have funded this whole project from my own pocket, so I am quite green when it comes to this aspect of the business. Also, what do I use to determine what a proper fee would be? Altogether, the product will be displayed for approx. 10-20 secs throughout the doc. Not alot of screen time, I know,...but having it in the same film as some of the most legendary musicians, I think it would be priceless to a company!
Jim Justice is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business