E-bay phone number? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old June 4th, 2003, 03:01 PM   #1
Outer Circle

E-bay phone number?

Does anyone have a phone number for e-bay?

Someone somehow changed my password. Lovely, huh?
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 04:30 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

My brother is a CSR for eBay. He's online, I'll ask him.
Old June 4th, 2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Does this mean you really didn't sell me that camera? I got the high bid... :)
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Air China Pilot

Fill out the form

Alas, I am informed that eBay has no phone support. Evidently, you must file a report here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/index_popup.html

Go to "Resolving Trading Concerns"

and then

"Report Account Theft"

which says:
Your password and/or password hint was changed without your authorization.

If you received a confirmation that your password or password hint question has been changed, first check with all family members or business associates authorized to use your account.

If your password has been changed, please proceed to your password hint question. If you are able to access your password hint question, change your password immediately.

If your password hint question has been changed and you are also not able to access your password, please contact eBay's Customer Support Department.

... where you have to fill out the form. So he says, fill out the form.
Old June 4th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #5
Outer Circle

Ya, thanks. I already tried that. Both my password and password hint were changed. I guess I'm sh** out of luck.
Old June 5th, 2003, 02:19 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Ebay Phone Number

Frank ...not "sol" yet...here's a number I've used a few times to contact Ebay. Let me know if you get anywhere. Good Luck!

1-800-322-9266

Also check out this site (hard to find contact numbers):
http://www.auctionguild.com/generic17.html;$sessionid$S2UD2WIAAACHFTZENUGJPQWPERWRJPX0
Roze Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 02:47 AM   #7
Major Player

It's a scary reflection on ebay's security that someone can do that without your knowing.

Makes me wonder whether it's even worth keeping mine.
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2003, 04:18 AM   #8
Outer Circle

Thanks for the number and link. Anyway, it seems that when I used my friend's computer, the 'puter got a cookie, and when this friend decided to get a membership, the cookie was still on the 'puter. The friend then went to a page that was book marked, and the XP based 'puter put my log-in, cookied info on it. The friend then got confused, and re-entered---changing---my password info. Nice, huh? Anyway, everything is straightened out, and NO THANKS to the non-existent EBAY help. D_mn them!
Old June 10th, 2003, 09:47 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Yup...I'm just about 'over it' with Ebay even though my transactions have generally been great. However the one person who outright STOLE $ from me ($500) is STILL allowed to hold an account with Ebay even though Ebay has been contacted directly by the Internet Fraud Investigation unit in Texas...telling Ebay that this person is under several investigations for internet fraud. I for one have filed numerous official complaints and provided proof to all who request it. Ebay has yet to follow up even though I've given up on any refund but have CLEARLY stated that my concern is for future Ebayer's who deal with this particular person. I don't know...use to think "Ebay rules" ...now I'm not so sure.

Question for you 'legal knowledge folks' ...since the persons real name is protected by Ebay (supposedly) if they have a user ID other than a 'real name' ..would I be legally liable for posting the Ebay user ID of that person on say a site like this...to at least warn some folks that this person is a crook. I know his 'real' name ...or at least the name he goes by...but would never reveal that because of liability issues. Just wondering only about revealing the Ebay ID name. Thanks for advice.
Roze Ann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business