Customer says I don't charge enough! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old April 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #31
Major Player

I just like to thank everyone who has posted to this extremely interesting and useful thread.
I've discussed pricing with friends and colleagues on a number of occasions without any consensus.
I was sure I didn't charge enough but now I know why.
Brilliant!
Richard Gooderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Well, I just got around to getting something together based around the footage mentioned in this post.

You can watch it on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zRnn9omx8

Please post a comment on You Tube and let me know what you think.

If you have any constructive criticism please let me know via the personal message function of this forum.
George Tasick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Haycock View Post
I was told that if I had too much work, I should just put up my prices again - but that won't work in my situation because people need the service, and also I have no competition in the immediate area. I wish somebody else would set up here, then I'd have time to enjoy using the photography and video equipment that I've been able to afford to upgrade!
damme, I think I'll be moving to Wales! There's so much competition around here IMHO it's terrible. But, that's besides the point.

It can be hard to know what to charge; I'm still refining it after being set up in my own co. over 2 years now. The other aspect I deal with is the fact I have my own company on the side in addition to my full time video production gig. Being an income supplement is not the same as sole income, but I try to think about it that way in regard to my rates, as I'd like my side co. to become full time someday, and never would want to devalue the industry nor the people who have their own full time companies.

Good going, George, on revising your polices, and thanks for sharing your experiences.

just my 2c on a great thread!
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Tasick View Post
Well, I just got around to getting something together based around the footage mentioned in this post.

You can watch it on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6zRnn9omx8

Please post a comment on You Tube and let me know what you think.

If you have any constructive criticism please let me know via the personal message function of this forum.
Hey George,

I think your project looks real good. Your audio is very clean, and I like the music you used. Nice job!
Mark Stuart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business