Wedding/Event turnaround time at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old July 28th, 2003, 06:47 AM   #1
Major Player

Wedding/Event turnaround time

So how quickly do you tell your clients you get back to them with a finished DVD/VHS? 2, 3, 4 weeks?
Mark Argerake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 09:03 AM   #2
Inner Circle

In my contract I have a timeline of 6-8 weeks. Doesn't matter DVD or VHS.During slow times it might be 4 weeks, during really busy times it could be 10, but if I see I'm going to go past 8 I will work thru the night to finish. BUT, sometimes it can't be helped. Thats when I call them and let them know I'm behind and it'll be another couple of weeks. Doesn't happen too often, I try very hard to keep up.
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 10:18 AM   #3
Inner Circle

6 to 8 weeks is the norm i guess, i actualyl tried a 3 week turnaround, but logistically (and considering health and family life), its not worth pushing yourself
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #4
Wrangler

Some full time wedding videographers have up to a 6 month turn-around. That is when they have over 4-5 weddings waiting to be captured/edited. It's easy to get backed up during the spring/summer season.

As for me, beings I work full time and can't devote full-time to editing it takes me roughly a month to a month and a half to finish a video (dvd authoring included). That all depends on how diligent I am, and how much trouble I have making artistic decisions.
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #5
Inner Circle

I am full time and I have NEVER been longer than 10 weeks. I can't understand someone taking 6 months to edit a wedding. I do about 50 a year, plus lots of corporate stuff and run another business and I ALWAYS find time to get the weddings done in a reasonable time. I guess if you tell you're clients upfront that it will be 6 months and they're cool with it fine, but... If you're that busy then hire someone to help you edit!

Sorry, but it gets me when it takes that long to do a wedding. Actually I don't know anyone that takes longer than 6-8 weeks, and I've been doing video weddings for 20+ years. Just my humble opinion and feelings.
Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business