Music Legalities at
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 15th, 2003, 04:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Glendale CA
Posts: 328
Music Legalities

I am set to direct a short film in a couple of weeks and a musician will compose music especially for the flick. I have heard that if I want to enter it into festivals and the like, I would need to obtain some sort of release for the musician to sign. My question is, what would this release say, and could I write it up myself and have the musician sign it?
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2003, 11:00 AM   #2
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Posts: 8,314
Yep you can write it yourself. Do a search here, or check out the business forum FAQ. There is a link to some release forms there that you should be able to easily modify.

A couple sample release forms in this thread.
Need to rent camera gear in Vancouver BC?
Check me out at
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:34 PM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2024 The Digital Video Information Network