how much should i charge to shoot music videos?? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Very good to hear that you're taking the time to learn about film. Also keep in mind for the future that you can rent from out of your state and places will ship the equipment to you and then you ship it back.. so don't feel restricited if the one place near you doesn't have good deals, but if they do; awesome.

Where in MI is Shelby? Close to OH?
Kevin Maistros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 03:45 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Can we get back on topic here!!

Was askedby a local Brass Band Leader to film his bands concert. He asked me as a result of seeing a free-bee I did for my own orchestra.

He offered me €200 (circa $250).

I filmed it with 2 cameras (had a friend on the other floating camera)

The editing took probably 10 hours and he received 1 DVD and a CD of the concert. (Used PDX10, FCX and DVD SP on a New Mac G5)

I enjoyed the job and it has opened a few more doors for me. I suggested to the band leader that the fee was on the light side and if I did it again it would be more (probably double) and he agreed that this was a fair rate.

Any more and I would probably price myself out of the market.

I'd suggest that one full days work is worth probably $400 to $500 but beware of pricing yourself out of the market.

Also remember that you should delived what you are paid for so don't spend too much time in post. Stick to the basics!!

Regards P
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:10 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I agree with Patrick. You cannot put the same amount of work into every song of a concert that you would on a one song music video. I will have more than 10 hours into this last one I shot. It has three cameras and an independent audio source. But, it will have the same relative look of old 60s film.
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #19
Regular Crew

kevin, shelby is like and hour from detriot which is like 2 or so hours from cleveland. we are looking for some good DPs and 1st ACs for shoots that are on film.
Alfred Tomaszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:00 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Alfred, ff you have details on the projects you're looking for help on, shoot me an email. I'm always interested in collaboration or working on different projects. I travel to Roseville (near Detroit) for extreme sports events often.
Kevin Maistros is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business