AG-DVX100a ebay auction at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 20th, 2004, 11:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

AG-DVX100a ebay auction

Hey guys I was thinking about buying from these guys. They seem legit. I just wanted some other opinions. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0332#brand_new
Paul Del Vecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2004, 02:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Not sure about them but you definitely want to go with an authorized Panasonic dealer. Zotz Digital in particular is one of our sponsers here. eBay ID is zotzdigital.
Christopher Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:55 AM   #3
Trustee

Please do try our sponsors - they are 'allowed' to be our sponsors for one single reason - they are not ripoff artists like most of what you will find on ebay.

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/

EVS has a great price on this camera as of writing this. Going with them you know you are getting a reputable dealer, who will treat you properly if something is wrong, who will deliver when they say they will, and who is not running out of some dirty little chop house in Brooklyn and will be gone in 30 days when the feds catch up to them.

Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:25 PM   #4
Wrangler

Hi Paul

A very good question indeed. They offer a decent price, and have a good feedback ratio. However, the perils of Ebay just aren't worth the risk of buying something this expensive. The seller may have lots of feedback, but that only tells you that people get the item. With something like this, the service you need later is what really counts.

To illustrate my point, I went through half a dozen pages of their feedback page for you. Here are some of the neutral/negative comments they have recieved:

great camera..high pressure salesman then $20 battery for $65

Good product but, misled & overcharged on ext.warranty. Amex trying to resolve

It ended with the same price as in Sweden ! Expencive shipping

false adv. pkg clearly includes 2 lenses & different bag, shipping = nightmare

Didn't return emails and then told out of stock 10 days later. Cancelled order

$153 for overnite, didnt get it, failed to return my calls, lost a job, nonpros

Based on these, I'm guessing that they are operating like some of the online sellers that offer you a low price on the camera, then want you to buy expensive accessories, and pay ridiculous shipping. If you don't, they tell you the camera is out of stock until you give up on your order, or cave and pay.

Most people in these cases will pay the extra costs, not realizing that it actually increases the cost of buying the camera past the prices of the reputable places like our sponsors.

Plus if you have any problems, warrenty issues or want to return the camera, sellers like this guy are not likely to help you out in the least.

I highly suggest you take a good look at our sponsors. They have been chosen for their relaible service and offer very reasonable (and realistic) prices.

http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/ You will find many people here shop exclusively with them, and are constantly impressed by the quality service they recieve.

Dylan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business