Selling videos on itunes / amazon ect. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old April 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Selling videos on itunes / amazon ect.

does anyone know who to contact to try and sell videos on itunes? I have spent a hour on apples website with no luck
Eddie Pelfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #2
Tourist

This may be of help: Apple - iTunes - Partner with iTunes
Jared Costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Pelfrey View Post
does anyone know who to contact to try and sell videos on itunes? I have spent a hour on apples website with no luck
The reality is you'll need to go through one of the big boys - the secret is, Apple only plays ball with media Aggregator companies. Here's the nitty gritty:

CinemaTech: How to Get Your Indie Film on iTunes (...It's Not Easy)

While I'm sure some would disagree, this seems like a fairly reasonable approach since Apple really doesn't expect much sales volume in the video distribution marketplace.

Now then, when we are talking about iPhone applications that help sell Apple boxes, you can be sure they have entire teams/processes designed to manage and administer end-user apps and associated revenue sharing. But Apple wisely figures only a select few videos will generate much revenue and those content producers are best off going through an aggregator to filter the high value media. Last week Apple said downloaded apps have past the one-billion mark (to be sure, most were free and version updates).

But aside from music videos, I doubt Apple has made much from indie videos. Really, who's going to compete with the major film studios films at their affordable download prices? Only a few in the "Doctor Horrible" category have cleared the launchpad. I welcome others to name a handful that they've downloaded and prices paid...

Good luck, Michael
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Yes I know this is an old thread it's also one of the top results for selling on iTunes.

Here are aggregators what works with iTunes TuneCore : Digital Music Distribution ? Sell Your Music Online Distribber

Much more current how to is How To Sell Your Movie On iTunes, Amazon and Netflix For Maximum Profit Part 1 of 7 | FILMMAKING STUFF

HTH
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business