Online Buyer Beware ! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM   #1
Trustee

Online Buyer Beware !

I originally wrote this for another thread but thought it might make sense to post it as it's own thread. I want as many folks to know about the pitfalls of online buying as I can make aware of it.

Not all online companies are bad. B&H as an example has a very decent track recorde as do a few others. Please read and pass along the second link listed further down.

---- snipped ----

As a sales engineer (new title) for a major Ohio broadcast equipment reseller, I very strongly encourage people to be aware of the past actions of the companies they want to give their money to. Looking for the DSR-PDX10 online I found a site advertising it for $1300 or so. I really doubt it since the actual cost from Sony is so very much higher than that.

Doing a quick search for "Broadway Photo Complaints" via google will turn up some good links, as will a quick search for any store and "complaints". Please watch yourselves.

Here are a few of those links that are especially helpful:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1995.html
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,107855,00.asp

The second link is a 5+ page article from PC World magazine on the sad state of affairs industry wide. Please pass it on. I am not trying to single out Broadway Photo but they are prominently mentioned in these types of links.

Happy buying,

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2004, 03:44 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes, I think avoiding Broadway Photo is among the better choices one can make in the photo world.

Don't ask me how I am so sure about this.

I might start crying again.
Canon Elan
Canon AE-1
Canon Z-135
Yashica Mat124G
Mike Sanchez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business