How to sell your broject to Broadcasters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 16th, 2005, 01:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to sell your broject to Broadcasters

I started preparing a business plan to produce music video dvd's. Sort of a library of artists in a particular genre. My thought is that people would now like to SEE music as well as 1 dimensional listening to it. With the advent of Z1's, I thought better yet, deliver the project in Hi Def 5.1 surround and sell it to say HDNet. Then secondary would be the dvd sales.

Can anyone out there tell me how to go about selling a program. As a start up, I want the biggest bang for my buck so I can acquire more equipment. Should I consider selling the entire rights to a broadcaster (what do they pay?) or retain the rights and blast it all over?

It may sound a little presumptuous to think they will buy it but unless I know what they usually pay for HD content, I can't determine how to proceed.

Can anyone help?

Jeff
Jeff Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Mack
I started preparing a business plan to produce music video dvd's. Sort of a library of artists in a particular genre. My thought is that people would now like to SEE music as well as 1 dimensional listening to it. With the advent of Z1's, I thought better yet, deliver the project in Hi Def 5.1 surround and sell it to say HDNet. Then secondary would be the dvd sales.

Can anyone out there tell me how to go about selling a program. As a start up, I want the biggest bang for my buck so I can acquire more equipment. Should I consider selling the entire rights to a broadcaster (what do they pay?) or retain the rights and blast it all over?

It may sound a little presumptuous to think they will buy it but unless I know what they usually pay for HD content, I can't determine how to proceed.

Can anyone help?

Jeff
Good luck, we pay $350.00 per week to the local FOX affilaite to get our show on the air. Unsigned music - two videos and band interviews.
http://www.theundergroundtv.com
So far, after a year of shopping, no one is ready to buy the show yet.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business