Video presentation vs. not at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 16th, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Video presentation vs. not

Well, I've toiled around for a couple of years thinking about doing a video presentation for clients, a 2 or 3 minute A,B,Cs of our companies history, some differences about us, even showing the benefit of multicamera coverages for events.

We still offer face to face consults, but I've been thinking about adding this short presentation to the meeting. Any opinions?
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Knee jerk reaction: it BETTER sell them on you or else you failed at your primary goal which is showing them what a wonderful tool video is.

Frankly, my opinion is that company history is self serving UNLESS it is DIRECTLY tied to WHO you've done work for and WHAT that work was and HOW it relates to the video services you're there promoting.

My 2 cents.
Old January 16th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks

That's kinda the fence I'm on as well. This all came about in my head by wanting to show three angles at the same time, a way to upsell and provide them with the reality of what you get with more cameras. Then I said to my self, self, why don't you add this and that. Thanks for the opinion.
Old January 17th, 2010, 08:31 AM   #4
Trustee

One of the projects on the back burner for the past three years has been my own promotional video. Now most of us (including me) have a "demo reel" which is really nothing more than a seemingly random collection of our best clips. I would like to eventually produce a video that sells "video". I remember seeing a very good one a few years ago before I started my business, but have seen very few since then.

To me, the difference between a demo reel and a promotional video is that a demo reel is something you show to prospective clients that have already decided to have a video produced (you're trying to convince the client to hire you) while a promotional video is something I'd show to a prospective client who needs to be sold on the idea of creating a video.

So if anyone has produced something like that, I'd love for you to post a link.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business