Google AdWords seminar in San Jose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 22nd, 2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Google AdWords seminar in San Jose

I've been using Adwords for about 4 months and traffic and business did pick up. But I don't speak Google very well, the statements I get from them look like jibberish. So for $600 I can go to the two day Google seminar in San Jose. With hotel and gas it's gonna be $1000. So I pay a $1000 so I can keep paying Google for more adWords. Isn't there a better way to become fluent in all this analytics stuff? Anyone been to one of these AdWords seminars? Worth it?

Google AdWords 101 & 201: San Jose Area - Eventbrite
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Inner Circle

All I know is that it is complex and ever changing.

I think it might be better in the long run to hire somebody because there is so much to keep track of. If you do it yourself and it does not work, or if it does work, you might not know why or how to repeat the success.

Or, throw the darts yourself as the $1,000 might get you a lot of ads.

My cousin has had good success with small buys for their business. He says it brings more targeted customers and ends up costing less than the yellow pages.

It all sounds good unless it does not work!

I jest, but I agree this stuff is important going forward.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Luce View Post
I've been using Adwords for about 4 months and traffic and business did pick up. But I don't speak Google very well, the statements I get from them look like jibberish. So for $600 I can go to the two day Google seminar in San Jose. With hotel and gas it's gonna be $1000. So I pay a $1000 so I can keep paying Google for more adWords. Isn't there a better way to become fluent in all this analytics stuff? Anyone been to one of these AdWords seminars? Worth it?

Google AdWords 101 & 201: San Jose Area - Eventbrite
I've been in the same place as you. My solution was to save myself the hundreds of hours of trying to learn it just to do a mediocre job at it, and hire an Adwords expert off Elance. Had dozens of applicants, ended up paying (IIRC) $400 for the basic setup and testing, and $100/m for maintenance/tweaking over the next 6 months. Super cheap, and the person was in North America.

This is the route I'd suggest.
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:37 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Polster View Post
All I know is that it is complex and ever changing.

I think it might be better in the long run to hire somebody because there is so much to keep track of. If you do it yourself and it does not work, or if it does work, you might not know why or how to repeat the success.

Or, throw the darts yourself as the $1,000 might get you a lot of ads.

My cousin has had good success with small buys for their business. He says it brings more targeted customers and ends up costing less than the yellow pages.

It all sounds good unless it does not work!

I jest, but I agree this stuff is important going forward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
I've been in the same place as you. My solution was to save myself the hundreds of hours of trying to learn it just to do a mediocre job at it, and hire an Adwords expert off Elance. Had dozens of applicants, ended up paying (IIRC) $400 for the basic setup and testing, and $100/m for maintenance/tweaking over the next 6 months. Super cheap, and the person was in North America.

This is the route I'd suggest.
Well that's interesting, that's there's a cottage industry of AdWordians -- folks who make a living at this stuff. And it sounds like it's already oversaturated with players.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business