so i taped this band interview, and the guy who did the interview wants a copy at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old March 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM   #1
Major Player

so i taped this band interview, and the guy who did the interview wants a copy

in july of 09, my friend was going to put together a small local TV show, so he set up a band interview with the band hinder.

it was just me and the interviewer that did the filming, the guy who set it up could not make it, so he asked if i would

i posted it online and the friend who set it up got mad, so i took it down. the guy who did the interview just wants a copy because it was a cool experience.

my friend who talked about doing the show, still has not done anything to make the show happen and i doubt it will.

i still have the footage, would it be wrong to give the video to the interviewer?

i personally don't care, but just thought id get some opinions.
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 04:53 PM   #2
Major Player

is the interviewer in the video? I think he has a right to a copy if he is in it.
Old March 18th, 2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Major Player

yes he is,
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Right to the footage? Not necessarily. A copy of the footage at no cost? Certainly not. There would be costs incurred to you in providing a copy, whether on DVD, VHS or...

Unless there was implicitly an agreement to provide footage, there is no inherent RIGHT to it.

If EVERYONE agrees that he should have it and agrees with his proposed usage of it, feel free.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business