Screening Timing Conundrum at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old August 11th, 2005, 10:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Screening Timing Conundrum

Hi All,

My feature film "Livelihood" will be premiering in a few months, and I'm in a bit of a conundrum.

It's already scheduled to play at one theater on Wednesday, October 12th. This venue holds about 150 people, and we will get 1/2 of the door.

However, I want to have a premiere for the cast and crew, and anyone else who wants to come, sometime before this screening at another local theater. We'll be comping about 80 tickets, and the venue holds about 250 people. I'll be paying about $1400 for this screening, but hope to make most of it back in ticket sales.

The conundrum is this: how close together should I space the two screenings? I can schedule the premiere for pretty much any weekday (besides Friday), but the October 12th screening is set in stone.

What will generate the most press and buzz? Putting the screenings closer together, or spreading them out a month apart?

The people hosting the October 12th screening aren't too thrilled with my idea of having the premiere the Thursday prior (October 6th). They think if I do that, then nobody will show up for their screening. I think doing it this way would garner more press and word-of-mouth. What do you think?

Thanks,
Ryan Graham
www.37point5.com
www.livelihoodmovie.com
Ryan Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business