Having any luck with Mandy or Craigslist? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old November 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Having any luck with Mandy or Craigslist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques E. Bouchard View Post
I've gotten some interesting work from advertising on CL in the past, including a gig with Blackberry at a Black Eyed Peas concert. Mostly, people seemed to find my ad through Google. But for the past year the return has been almost nil, if you rule out all the bozos with "it'll just take an hour" offers and cut-rate wedding gigs.

Now that I'm moving away from private events and small camera gigs to larger corporate and commercial clients, I keep an ad on CL only for form. I get much better results from other venues.

I'll still find the occasional quick cash gig on CL. But as Kevin said, it serves mostly as entertainment nowadays.

J.

How do the google ads work, you mean google ad words?
I ve always used Craigslist, but not that I am looking to do less weddings and more commercial and music videos and films, I am thinking of changing things up. Any idea of what works with google? I am also working on getting my website listed higher for my local area. Thanks!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #17
Major Player

Saw this ad on Craigslist, is it me or does this seem like a joke?! What's strange is it is in the real jobs section which is a paid section here.

This full-time position (30-40+ hrs/week) is for a very self-managed individual who will administrate and organize all facets of our home and home-office life and be a personal assistant. This dedicated person will, among other things, do light cleaning, mundane chores, folding of laundry and a LOT of photo and video editing. It's a mix! The position consists of organizing various areas of storage throughout our house including: organizing photos and videos, and continually organizing all closets, cabinets and drawers, equipment and tool rooms, inventory rooms, storage rooms, sheds and outbuildings, kids rooms, bookshelves, digital archives, and, well, you-name-it. In addition to editing and organizing, this position also entails some website administration and even some household decorating. This position also includes vendor and contractor management, scheduling and followup, paperwork, bookkeeping, and selling odds and ends on ebay/Amazon. We have two small dogs, and this position includes helping us take care of them, mostly just letting them out regularly. You must own your own car, present evidence of current insurance, possess a current driver's license, and be a US citizen or otherwise be legally allowed to work in the USA. No smokers (or onion or garlic addictions), please. A thorough and complete background check is required. Also required are personal references from past employers and/or co-workers. Only naturalized US citizens, please, and with no criminal record whatsoever. If people have always been impressed by your organizational skills, this job is for you. Prefer recent graduate, current part time student or someone between careers. We offer a great work atmosphere and flexible hours (weekends also available) in return for someone who is self-motivated and self-managed.

• Compensation: $12.50/hour
David Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Major Player

Sounds like a fun job (if real). Everything looks good, 'cept the price. :(
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #19
Trustee

Not everyone is a network photog. In my college days I might have considered something like that. Even now, I teach, and sometimes I tell the students what they need most is a stack of tapes (err... a 2GB hard drive) and a mission. If that position was really more video editing than toilet scrubbing... encoding, editing, organizing hundreds of hours of tape is good for any beginning editor.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business