Anyone familiar with videographies.com - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old June 15th, 2011, 05:32 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Anyone familiar with videographies.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post
Og I agree with the skepticism and way too many site offering these sorts of services sound just too good to be true. But if one seems like it might be offering something you can use and hasa a legit ring to it, $67 is a pretty cheap experiment to try. That's all I'm saying, These days that's less than the price of a tank of gas (literally .. a fill-up yesterday ran me $90).
You must drive a Hummer :D
Sebastian Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #17
Trustee

What absolutely P****S me off about videographies.com is that you get lured into signing up for a free account, then they list you and direct the web visitor to fill out the online form requesting info, then beg you for money to view the contact details.

Ok, if you don't pony up the cash, they leave your wanna-be client hanging in the lurch. Basically it looks like you're ignoring them. It never tells them "*IF* this videographer signs up for a premiere account, he'll get back to you", but rather it says something generic like "thanks for the info, someone will contact you soon."

So basically there are a few people out there that think Chris Davis doesn't bother responding to their requests for information.

Either pay for the premium listing, or remove your account. The free account on videographies.com will just make you look bad.
Chris Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #18
Major Player

Well, here's something that pisses me off too. Yesterday I wanted to remove my listing from their website. I see that below my listing there was an "edit/remove" link. So I click on it, and there's a bunch of stuff to update my listing, but at the bottom there's a Yes or No choice followed by this: "If set to "Yes", this Listings entry will immediately be removed from the system." So I click on yes, and then on the update button, and I get a confirmation on the next page.

Today I go to their main page and what do I see? My name second on the list. Not even in NC, but second on the list on their main page. That really pisses me off, since I had the listing removed yesterday. So I did the same procedure again and now it doesn't show, but I'll have to keep checking just in case.
Sebastian Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2011, 03:40 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Alvarez View Post
You must drive a Hummer :D
Nope ... a 10 year old Isuzu. Our gas is running about $5.15 US a gallon for the cheapest grade.
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve House View Post
Nope ... a 10 year old Isuzu. Our gas is running about $5.15 US a gallon for the cheapest grade.
Oh, I had failed to see you're in Canada. Holy crap! Well, we're not far from that in the US anyway. Those prices from the beginning of the movie "I Am Legend" are going to turn into reality quite soon, with or without the humanity eradicating virus.
Sebastian Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business