Canadian Members: GYBO Anyone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Canadian Members: GYBO Anyone?

A question for all of my Canadian counterparts: have you heard of the new program bring brought in by Google called "GYBO" where you apparently get a free website for a year?

Home - Canada Get Your Business Online

Just wondering if anyone has taken advantage of it yet, and what you think of it. Seems like one of those "too good to be true" scenarios ... but it's Google, so has me feeling slightly less cynical about it.

What do you think? Does this sound like a good opportunity for a start-up?
Vicky Orsini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Canadian Members: GYBO Anyone?

(In BC here) I looked at the GYBO thing Vicky. I would say it is much better to buy a .com domain for 10 bucks and set up a WordPress based site. You can get a site for free on Wordpress.com — or go full in with a Wordpress.org hosted WP site. Buy a nice theme template for 40 bucks on Themeforest, rockettheme, or YooTheme. Design it yourself or hire a WP guru. Hosting isn't expensive these days. $5 to $7 a month.
Keith Dobie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business