Ironman Documentary... Legal Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 17th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #1
Tourist

Ironman Documentary... Legal Help

Hi!!
I just completed a documentary on the Ironman Triathlon. I need some help. The Ironman corporation gave me permission to film the race, but told me I could not sell the DVD. I filmed the documentary and have gotten many requests to sell it... The whole race was filmed outside on state and town roads, but the Ironman logo appears in the documentary alot! If I sell it is there anything Ironman corp can do to me?
I am very confused on why documentaries like "super size me" dont get sued by mcdonalds. I have the clearance for everything else in the movie- Such as music, releases, etc.
So what is everyones take? Thanks in advance for all your help! These forums where such a HUGE help during the production of my film. If you want to see more info on the documentary you can visit my website www.140point6.com
Thanks!
Weston
Weston Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 09:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weston Wheeler
Hi!!
I just completed a documentary on the Ironman Triathlon. I need some help. The Ironman corporation gave me permission to film the race, but told me I could not sell the DVD. I filmed the documentary and have gotten many requests to sell it... The whole race was filmed outside on state and town roads, but the Ironman logo appears in the documentary alot! If I sell it is there anything Ironman corp can do to me?
I am very confused on why documentaries like "super size me" dont get sued by mcdonalds. I have the clearance for everything else in the movie- Such as music, releases, etc.
So what is everyones take? Thanks in advance for all your help! These forums where such a HUGE help during the production of my film. If you want to see more info on the documentary you can visit my website www.140point6.com
Thanks!
Weston

I'm sorry I can't help. Greed is always the underlying concept of wielding power. But, I will stop by in Philly and watch the show. Lets us know.

Good Luck.
Old September 17th, 2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Tourist

Great! I will see you there! I will have the time and where its playing posted on the website soon.
Weston
Weston Wheeler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business