Have I made a giant mistake? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old September 4th, 2020, 01:41 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: Have I made a giant mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Cofrancesco View Post
If you want more customers, I would do more non tech advertising, use physical delivery (dvd/usb), and traditional means of communication. Many old people would respond to print or tv ad, a simple paper order form, phone communication, pre paid shipping, or personal pickup. These are things that are a pain, more work, and something you might not want to do, but personal communication and low tech approach will increase your customers. People who go to your web site no doubt will be more savvy but there is probably a large potential customer base who aren't techie enough to visit your website.
Perhaps... But if I do this, wouldn't I just be doing the exact same thing as every other digitizing service?

I figure there are already tons of services out there for those who aren't technically inclined enough to figure out how to use the internet or a simple cloud service. While its true some of these businesses have grown quite successful, if I am only doing the same thing they are, then what makes my business any different? Why should anyone choose what I am offering?

Maybe 90% of people who are looking for this kind of service are not technically capable enough to use a website. I accept that might be true. But, for the remaining 10%, what options do they have? For them, at least, I am offering something different and something that is more convenient. They have a reason to choose my service as no one else is offering anything quite like it.
Adam Grunseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2020, 04:16 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Re: Have I made a giant mistake?

As a young scrapper my dad kept telling me, “Build a repeat business it’s the only way to make money.” He was right, again.

Gather as many corporate customers as you can, that you can service on a weekly or monthly basis.

Cheers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business