DVD Distibutors/ types of contracts to expect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old December 13th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD Distibutors/ types of contracts to expect

Okay, so I am in the editing stages of a four-wheel drive enthusiast DVD that I am hoping to get distributed nationally. What should I look out for when talking to distributors? What distributors have you all used? I have talked to VAS Entertainment and they seem very helpful, but I am still "shopping around". Nothing is final until I get my DVD's sent out for companies to approve and start negotiations, but I figure it's never to early to start learning what to watch out for. I wasn't sure if most just do royalties, or if it would be a flat-rate or what... There are similar videos to mine sold nationwide at best buy, sam goody and other similar stores so I am confident that it has the potential market. Thanks in advance.
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Hey, GOOD LUCK !!!

Be sure to come back and share what you learn.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business