Print Job? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 28th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Print Job?

I've begun talks to shoot a music video and the artist also inquired about having me print the artwork for (on) their CDs and the sleeves.

They want to buy the printer,ink, and all the media, just leaving me the work of printing and probably desinging it.

It's on the low end, he's just going to buy a printer from Wal-Mart that prints direct to CD. Which means it'll probably be slow, heh. The artist is really just doing his thing on the side, I'd imagine if he'd have time he'd do it himself, but he works offshore and doesn't.

He wants to do a run of a hundred to start; does anybody have any idea how long it'd take to print 100 CDs? I've never printed direct to CD, just used the stick-on labels and it's the one thing that's hanging me up on how much to charge. If I was printing on paper I could just set things to print and leave it, but with CDs I'd have to be there changing them out.

I think I can figure out how much to charge if I can calculate how long things will take, but any suggestions on that would be appreciated as well. :)
Timothy McLin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business