Web site with video content, what to charge? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old May 28th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Web site with video content, what to charge?

Although this is more of a Web Creation job, the site includes capturing of, minimal editing of, rendering of, and placement of video in web site... so I would be greatfull for any response. My company mainly produces video/film but we dip into many different things when clients request.

Could you please give me a competitive quote (i.e. on par with or slightly lower than competitors) for what you think we should charge for this service.

I whipped up a one page htm page that shows what we did >

http://www.coloradoshow.com/workdone.htm

Basically the client dumped all the stuff (resume's, articles, vids) he wanted online at our office and said, "make a web site"

We are not a "super pro" web site designing company but we can design basic yet functional web sites (and yes that is what we told the client and he said that is what he wants).

For what we did (pleaese see http://www.coloradoshow.com/workdone.htm for details) I am thinking... $500... please help me with your thoughts,
Thanks!
Carl Downs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #2
Major Player

It's always better to agree on a price before you do the work. $500 seems low to me for what you did.

Depending on your location (local markets vary) a reasonable charge would be $50-$125 an hour for design services.

The following link might help for info on your area.

http://www.gag.org/chapters/index.php
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Peter

Peter, thanks for your reply (and for the link). For this particular project we did agree on a price (although a "special" price for this client because we are semi-partners in some video productions and he passes work to me) but I have now a similar client requesting the same thing and figure since my company is pretty good at this stuff, we might as well ad it to our services.

I was hoping people would say it was "low"... these sites do take time. And, as you said... "depends on location"... well, I am in Las Vegas and this place aint the "cheap" vacation spot it used to be... actually very expensive here now!

any other suggestion pricing?
Carl Downs is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business