How can I get video producers to my site? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old January 24th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How can I get video producers to my site?

All,

I hope this message goes thru. I'm not trying to spam the list. That is the last thing I want to do.

But, I am looking to promote our site. I won't mention the URL unless people ask. Our site is an online distributor for independent content. We accept all types of audio and video.

We'd love to have your content on the site. You set your own price and you'll earn 60% of the profits on sales of your works.

I am wondering what I can do to get more fillmmakers and video producers to join us? What advice can you all give? We view this as a nothing-to-lose deal. If you have a DVD distribution and can sell $10 DVDs that is great. But why not add another avenue and also sell MPEG4 content for $1.99 or $3.99?

We are also hoping to build a community for quality content. I like videos of dancing cats and high school kids as much as the next guy, but I really feel that there is a ton of great indie content out there that never gets the number of views it deserves.

Looking for you help/tips/ideas on how we can grow.
Brian Andrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Word of mouth works great. If this is the site I'm thinking it is, It is set up really well from what I could tell. I'm planning on uploading a short once we get it finished. If I like how it works I'll tell everyone I know and so on. That and places like myspace are great for getting the word out there.
Kevin Myhre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 11:59 AM   #3
Major Player

To start, you could add your URL to your user profile here.

Last edited by Peter Wiley; January 24th, 2007 at 12:43 PM.
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 12:09 PM   #4
Regular Crew

sounds like a great idea

I have a few projects im working on that id be happy to send to you and try to sell on your site and if it works great then ill be sending more as well as freinds with other videos.
Chris Sinista is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business