Contract T.V.? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business

Taking Care of Business
The pen and paper aspects of DV -- put it in writing!

Old February 8th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Contract T.V.?

I have just landed a sponsor for our T.V. show and need a contact is there any Free forms out there I can use? He has bought :30sec spots and as part of the deal we will do some videoing using this boats as part of the show. Thanks for the help.
Matt Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Trustee

What kind of a contract are you looking to have? A service contract? Where is the show going to be shown? Will you own the rights to show after it's shown? How exactly do the boats have be shown? For how long? Are you producing the commerials? I doubt there's a basic form that will be right for you in this case...

Each one of these issues, and any others, should each be dealt with, at least in some general way.

The contract becomes the "law" of your agreement (as long as there's nothing illegal or grossly unfair). Most courts still closely adhere to the "4-corners" rule. This rule says if it ain't discussed in within the "four corners" of the written contract, then it's not enforcable. There are exceptions to this rule, but it's much, much easier to get it right the first time.

I'd come up with a list of your expectations - be as thorough as possible. Be prepared to discuss these expectations with the client - there is nothing at wrong in telling him what you want, just as there's nothing wrong w/ him telling you what he wants.

The key is what's called having a "meeting of the minds."

john
evilgeniusentertainment.com
John Vincent is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Taking Care of Business