UK Marks and Spencer advert at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 26th, 2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Major Player

UK Marks and Spencer advert

I thought this might interest some of you. Over here in the UK we have a new Christmas advert for Marks and Spencer, a long standing high street store.

It's a fantastic looking piece of work, with a real technicolor look to it, with great opticals and fun stuff.

I've found a YouTube file here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8Or8...w_marks_s.html

It looks really great when broadcast, really authenic. I'm still looking around for more information on the processes they used.
Duncan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #2
Major Player

There's no magic box of tricks there, it's just great production design and telecine. If you see it again the sets are largely gray, but the models are over-saturated. Add in a bit of 50's music, art direction and styling, some dodgy blue-screen and some gorgeous models and you've got something evocative of an old Audrey Hepburn movie.

Good spot though.
Old December 6th, 2007, 06:56 AM   #3
New Boot

I have found a better image quality video of that particular advert.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bW9jKMKNoCo
Simon P Lowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production