35mm Adapter - Yes, another thread no doubt, but - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Jonny Have a look at http://www.sgpro.co.uk/

Russ
Russell Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #17
New Boot

I believe the Sony A1 is like the HC1 here is a picture of my HC1 with the letus35 mini and cavision rods and HC1/A1 spacer.

http://www.pabstfilms.com/pics/hc1-letus35mini.jpg
Herbie Pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 01:42 AM   #18
Sponsor: MTF Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole McDonald View Post
achromat magnifies the image without distortion as straight magnifiers cause. It pairs a concave and a convex lens to do funky things with the light which increases the distance the light travels while reducing the actual distance it has to travel (really odd physics stuff) allowing the adapter closer to the camera, an achromat would solve my distance problem. But longer rods are much cheaper than an achromat.
Strictly speaking, apart from what the lens is doing in terms of magnification, an Achromat is two elements (made of two different glass types), cemented together.

If we think of white light as being composed of red green and blue. Going through a single element, the refractive index is different for the red green and blue portions of the light, leading to those portions of the light focusing at slightly different points on the other side of the lens. (colour fringing)

Using an achromatic lens is a way of compensating for the differences in refractive index for the different wavelengths.
Mike Tapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #19
Regular Crew

diy vs. redrock etc.

hi, I'm using the redrock with the xl-h1. i have built a lot of my own eqip., i made my own matte box, track system and stabalizing system. Im happy with all of them. but i spent the money on the redrock after taking these things into consideration.
1. can i build a device that will keep out all dust?
2. how much will all the parts cost?
3. how much will it cost to rebuild if my first attempt fails?
4. will my build be functional with all the lenses i want to use?
5. can i design something that can be quickly repaired if any part fails?
with my other creations, building it myself was cost effective and easy. But i felt that, being in a professional environment it was not going to be cost effective to design my own dof adapter. this is just my opinion. lots of luck
Joe Batt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:01 AM   #20
Regular Crew

acromat

just thought i would simplify. the d.o.f. acromat is the eqivalent to a magnefying glass for you camera. it helps the camera focus on the adapters extremely-close-to-the-lens screen.
Joe Batt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:46 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Batt View Post
just thought i would simplify. the d.o.f. acromat is the eqivalent to a magnefying glass for you camera. it helps the camera focus on the adapters extremely-close-to-the-lens screen.
Here are Century examples:

http://www.schneideroptics.com/ecomm....aspx?CID=1081
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production