I can see through LB bars in Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I can see through LB bars in Premiere

I am in the final stages of finishing my short. I want a letterbox look so I put some black bars over the top and bottom of the frame. I'm planning on sending this short to Ifilm. I wanted to see what my project looked like encoded with a size similar to what Ifilm uses which is around 333x222. So I rendered out to a Quicktime animation, best quality at 333x222. When I click on it and watch it I can see a sliver of footage on the extreme top and bottom of the frame. Its like I didn't go up far enough with the black boxs in the titler. I have check and double checked the boxes in Premiere's titler, they appear to be in the right place. They also appear to be in the right place when I watch the playback on the Premiere timeline.
Seth Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 04:47 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Maybe the boxes in the titles aren't getting resized the same way the video is. If the video is the .909 or whatever DV pixel aspect ratio, and the titles are just square pixels, perhaps resizing results in the edges being off by a pixel or two between the two layers.
Bruce A. Christenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2003, 05:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, I cussed at my computer as well as Premiere. Restarted and made a new title with new boxes and now it works. Don't know what I did different but I think I'll blame Premiere as well as my own inexperience......but mostly Premiere.
Seth Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production