Letus 35 Extreme vs Redrock Encore at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 30th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #1
New Boot

Letus 35 Extreme vs Redrock Encore

Hey all,
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on lens adapter for my JVCGY110. It is down to the Redrock Micro and the Letus 35 Extreme. I would like feedback from anyone that has used either of these systems. From my research the Letus costs a little less and has the built in flip feature. If I am not mistaken it just takes the F-stop down 1/2 step. Since the JVC likes a lot of like this is important to me. I also have a Sony HDR-FX1 that is great in low light settings but doesn't shoot 24p.

I know that there is a Redrock rep on this forum and I would welcome thier pov.

Thanks- I just don't want to invest in something that I won't be happy with.
Craig Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Miller View Post
I know that there is a Redrock rep on this forum and I would welcome thier pov..

Hi Craig

Sure - First, I think the Encore and Letus Ultimate are more comparable, so price-wise we are at a distinct advantage. We have always used a rotating screen so you can stop down on the aperture and also shoot at higher shutter speeds without seeing the screen. Also we have features not available in the Extreme, such as collimating lens mount, rotating screen, and of course the forthcoming LiveLens. Also the complete light loss of the Encore with microX flip is 1/2 stop or better (more on this in the next few weeks, but yeah it's crazy light performance). And finally build quality on the Redrock is exceptional. Our construction is 100% glue free and is reliable. There are 25 new features and enhancements on the Encore, so you can check out the rest of the details on our website redrockmicro.com

Hope that helps

Cheers

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2009, 04:47 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks Brian-
Apples to apples. There are many nuances to the various products. Even though I try to research as much as possible something is bound to get by me.

Craig
Craig Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2009, 06:57 PM   #4
New Boot

extreme

YouTube - Maurice Thrashing

...go with the extreme...trust me
Peter York is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production