homemade optical lens adapter? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old November 13th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #16
Major Player

I own a DVX100. Also own a non-reflex Bolex16 that also has a telephoto lens that is separate from the bolex and you attach it to the lens mount.

I wonder if there is anyway to tinker with the bolex stuff to enhance my DVX?
John Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2003, 02:38 AM   #17
Major Player

Ok, i just finish up my box ...

in one side i got a 50mm lens from a minolta camera... in the other side i got the homemade ground glass... (with is made from a DV case with some scotch tape... just for testing) ... now when i test it... i found that i have too much vigneting and the light only is strong in the center of the ground glass... is there a way to correct this and light up all the ground glass... ?

i thought that if i put mirrors in all the interior faces that would help to light up a little.. but duno... any sugestions ?
Agus Casse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2003, 08:05 AM   #18
Major Player

This is what the fresnel does. You can get cheap ones at office supply stores. However, you are going to be able to see the rings. There is always a tradeoff.
Brandt Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2003, 01:32 AM   #19
Major Player

Ok... we made the adapter... but we have problems cause even the ground glass works fine.. you still see the round shape light that comes up strong from the lens and that screw up the quality of the image.... we are still looking for the solution.. but now.. all i can said that it is all about the ground glass... if you get a good one... from there it is all piece of cake...
Old November 23rd, 2003, 12:37 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Angus: where did you get your ground glass?
Also just a general question... how do you figure out where to place the ground glass in relationship to the dvcamera and 35mm lense?
Old November 23rd, 2003, 09:37 PM   #21
Major Player

I made the ground glass using one of those fake cds check out this post... i am putting allt he news about the adapter here

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...622#post116622
Old November 24th, 2003, 10:56 PM   #22
Major Player

mirrors?

OK... I've been following this pretty closely. (or trying to) I think to avoid the vignetting perhaps you can bounce the light to avoid the majority of the lens light... in this case using a mini CD in the existing spindle and funnel the light over it and then back onto it (shifting the mounting of the spindle up and connecting the additional lens slightly above the camera lens)... ((like the mini35)) this would mean closing off the center of the spindle (container) reducing the amount of "ambient" (I guess) light that causes the vignetting thus having a more detrimental effect on the available image light hence additional stop loss...
actually I am going to sleep on this and hopefully be more coherent in the morning. Very interesting Agus.
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 12:27 AM   #23
Major Player

I have no vigneting at all with my adapter...
Old November 25th, 2003, 10:11 AM   #24
Major Player

sorry... saw your jaguar spot and was wondering if the vignetting there was just a zoom issue.... the spot spot looked great - how'd you fix it?

Josh
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #25
Major Player

That video is really the old, that is the first test... check on this link

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=17195
Agus Casse is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production