DVFilm Maker question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old January 7th, 2004, 01:12 AM   #1
New Boot

DVFilm Maker question

I have a few questions about DVFilm Maker.
My friend and I are going to make a relatively long movie to be used as a end of the year senior present to the people that we like. For the project we have decided to get DVFilm Maker to help us get a better looking project.

1) the website for DVFilm states that clips to be dropped into its software should be no longer 20 minutes long, thus requireing the cutting of a movie into several pieces. In order to recombine the pieces in the end it would require a reimporting of the clips into premiere pro. If the clips are 24p how would we set up premiere pro to use the clips. Is it as easy as setting the frame rates for the project to 24 progressive (i just checked and its not possible unless you set the project to be Windows playback instead of DV Playback)?

2)If the final product of DVFilm is 24 frames per second progressive, how is it posible that it will play on a NTSC tv?

ANy help woudl be much appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Vincent Chuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM   #2
Hawaiian Shirt Mogul

2) well it would need the pull down added back in so it equals 29.97 fps to play on a NTSC TV ... it will play back at 24fps on your computer monitor ... if you burn a 24fps DVD then the DVD player would add the pull down so it equals 29.97 so in other words you are not viewing progressive frames on a standard def TV ..
many newer HD TV's (plasma) will play back 24p DVD at 24fps ..
Don Donatello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production