transferring DV to film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old October 21st, 2001, 08:26 PM   #1
silentwalls

transferring DV to film

hello,

i have a question about shooting on DV and transfering to film...
i am shooting a documentary with the XL1 (frame mode) and wanted to know if this would affect the look of the transfer to film? i have no experience in doing this and am just seeking some advice. also, does anyone know if there has been a replacement of the EF adapter? i'm wanting to use multiple canon lenses on this, but the EF magnifies everything by 7. any suggestions?

thanks,
jon
Old October 21st, 2001, 11:53 PM   #2
Trustee

About the EF adapter, it's not the adapter that magnifies everything, it's the camera. As far as I know there is no getting around this.

It's to do with the size of the CCD's. It's the same as 35mm still cameras vs APS still cameras, because the film size is smaller 35mm against 24mm, the focal length of a lens is different.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2001, 05:35 AM   #3
MTC FILMS

The P+S Technik Mini 35 Digital Adapter for the Canon XL-1 and XL-1S camera will fix that but its BIG bucks $7,000.

http://www.zgc.com/

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production