MOVIE: CIDADE DE DEUS (city of gods) shot with DV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:00 PM   #1
Major Player

MOVIE: CIDADE DE DEUS (city of gods) shot with DV

Hi,

I watched the movie ' cidade de deus' which is one of the best action movies I seen. Very realistic and non-american (arnold zwarsnegger type of movies, rocky, rambo bla bla bla). I liked the way it was shot with distorted views and loosely cam-held with not much steady cam shots at all or dollys.

I also heard some scenes were shot with a DV-cam. Now that is amazing. In the scenes with wider DOF's, you really cannot tell the difference between a 35 mm and a dv cam in this movie. I need to know more about this great movie.

I guess you can make a good filmlook with DV.
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

If there were any DV parts I don't remember them.

Many parts were shot hand-held or with only a tripod but it was film. 16mm and 35mm mixed. Primarily 16mm.

There was also a digital intermediate used (I think it was blown up on HD as well).

A great great film anyway which we could all learn from as far as composition and production goes.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 12:45 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi keith.

They used 16 mm and some HD scenes. I am looking at your page. I first tought it was about guns when I saw your gun logo. What has guns to do with designing webs? I know it has something to do with your action movies you make. Pretty cool site you have. Great logos and stuff.

Peace
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Air China Pilot

Thanks. An old design. I have to change it. I designed it back when I was heavily into playing FPS games especially Counter-Strike. Now I never have time and I am dating a pacifist so I have to change the look :)
Old February 9th, 2005, 11:56 AM   #5
Major Player

wow......in cidade de deus (city of god) there was a scene with a man turning into a pacific guy goign away to live with his girlfiend on a brazilian ranch. I am not sure, but did you play a role in this great amazing brazilian movie?

:)
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production