All The Marbles at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production

Techniques for Independent Production
The challenges of creating Digital Cinema and other narrative forms.

Old March 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

All The Marbles

I'm the second editor on an indie short currently in editorial and post-production. My assistant and I have had extensive luck with Digi55's Filmlook plugin for Avid systems.

The system on which we will be finishing the short has Sapphire's AVX plug-ins with a variety of applicable film attributes that look quite astonishing. We've been able to really take away that low contrast, sharp, and ultra-clean video which originated on an XL1s and really punch it up to a nice, but not over the top contrasty, colorful, and beautiful picture. Thank the Lord for a world with digital post!

I'll be posting still frames from the pre-treated and post-treated online for approval by the film's producers and I'll be sure to post links to those images here on this thread. The before and afters of these images are absolutely fantastic.

Rick Pearson,
Producer/Director
Next Level Media Productions
http://www.nextlevelmediaproductions.com
Rick Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2005, 08:06 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Sounds very interesting. We'll all be looking forward to this, Rick! Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Techniques for Independent Production